The m²box was developed by Fraunhofer IVI for a largely self-sufficient and cost-effective delivery of in advance ordered goods of daily consumer needs.
- trailer with twin axis with a gross vehicle weight of 2.5 t and a total length of 5.7 m (can be transported with a van)
- 20 boxes for frozen goods and non frozen goods (each box has two cases) and 14 large boxes (i. e. for crates)
- cooling by means of eutectic plates
- self-sufficient energy supply by means of accumulators for 60 h
- acceptance of empties (deposit bottles) possible
- payment with EC-Card – on-line testing using a radio link (GSM)
One accumulator charge lasts for 6 days at 10 h a day by using an automatic switch-off-device. Thus a high flexibility and mobility of the system is guaranteed.
The m²box can be parked on puplic roads, sidewalks or in pedestrian zones as well as at car parks.
There is an integrated operational terminal at the rear end of the trailer for communcation with personnel and customers. The operational terminal is easy to handle and robust.