Operators in the emerging hybrid and electric vehicle market lack the option of assessing the disposability and state of their vehicles, most importantly that of the batteries. However, especially in the traffic sectors of freight shipping and public transport, the disposability is a crucial factor for success.
The IVImon system determines relevant state parameters of the battery storage unit, processes them and provides them in a user-friendly way via a conventional or web interface. With these features, IVImon provides the basis for a number of new business models such as
- Vehicle operators (public transport provider, communities, logistics operators)
- Ageing monitoring, storage unit-saving deployment planning, estimation and prognosis of performance
- Analysis of consumption
- Monitoring of residual value
- Providers of vehicle and battery systems
- Predictive maintenance and inspection services
- »Guaranteed disposability«
- Warranty monitoring
- Insurance companies and lessors
- Legally secure, application-appropriate and technology-adapted design of contracts and insurance policies
- Monitoring of residual values and amortisation
With the agreement and support of the manufacturers, we will install a certified commercial telemetry device (has all necessary certificates for use in private and commercial vehicles, as well as trains) in the vehicles that records all available measuring data and transmits them safely. It will not be necessary to modify the powertrain, the energy storage unit, or any other systems.
The measuring data and state parameters necessary for the operation of the energy storage system, which will be available in any case, are sufficient for fundamental diagnosis and even for highly complex system state analyses and prognoses. After their transmission to a data bank server, which automatically evaluates the recorded data with the help of electrochemical models and algorithms, the evaluations are provided in a simple, comprehensible and reusable way to the circle of contractually authorized parties via an API interface or a web interface. The scope and functionalites can be individually adjusted by the owner of the data.